Customer support relies on accurate information yet most network operators have only a very incomplete picture of customer problems. Current network monitoring solutions cannot routinely access client devices or monitor the performance of individual applications in the subscriber domain. They cannot look beyond the CPE or network demarcation point to “see” the problem that the customer experiences, either in real-time or historically. Without this data, network operators cannot efficiently solve customer problems that originate beyond their network boundary.
This can significantly increase the time taken to resolve individual subscriber issues and lead to unnecessary costs.
By installing GoS Agent on client devices, such as mobile handsets, broadband dongles and CPE gateways, customer support teams can view data on application performance, bandwidth problems and LAN-side issues. Each instance of the GoS Agent interacts with a centrally deployed GoS Manager, accessible to customer support agents, presenting them with the information required to solve customer problems quickly and efficiently, saving time and money.
The combination of GoS Agents and GoS Manager provides customer support teams with:
- Access to real-time and historic visibility of traffic arriving from the LAN and going to / from the WAN
- The ability to remotely identify and resolve root-causes of customer issues on the LAN
- The means to measure actual link performance and throughput, not network estimates
- The ability to shorten customer support call duration and reduce costs
- Improved customer satisfaction, reducing churn
- Increased net referrals and customer advocacy
- Reduced costs through efficient network optimisation and management
- Revenue generation with assured, sticky services
GoS 360° is the only way to obtain the complete visibility of LAN devices required for 360° customer service assurance.
- Fixed line broadband services such as IPTV
- Measurement of streaming video user experience
- Business services
- Mobile broadband performance
- Application specific management and support